You know how from time to time, although you care for and love them, people in your life (the ones who have it altogether compared to you) may possibly make you feel like you have not achieved anything in life(I am not talking the word Loser here coz I think nobody is a loser! How sweet of me 😛 !!!)
So Yeahhhh. It happened to me of late. Now I know that we should not compare ourselves with others, and I am not comparing myself to anyone, trust me I don’t want to do that anyway. But I think since it’s the last month of 2017 thus it’s the time of the year to just glance at the past and do the reverse bucket list thingy.
Before now I believe everybody knows what a bucket list is – a listing of things which you would like to achieve before you lash out the bucket. As I have said on my earlier post on How to Live the Really Best Bucket List about striking a balance (because mum life and chasing dreams need a lot of balancing) and also wanting to have simple pleasures. It can be about people, not places or things. Conversely, I believe that it’s likewise imperative to look back plus make a listing of the things which you’ve by now accomplished. Specifically, MAKE A REVERSE BUCKET LIST!!!
Now I know people out there with their listing are about 1000x grander than mine, but these are my accomplishments and I own it.
Hence with no further ado, I present to you my Reverse Bucket List – a listing of all the things I’ve accomplished which I’m super proud of. Some huge, others subtle. All that played a role in crafting me into the one (haha… but seriously) that I am today.
Read. Be encouraged. And go make your own listing of at least 50 things.
- Be location independent of my work
- Learn to tell the hard truth
- Saved and pay my own way through a trip to Goa with limited amount of money, survived their and enjoyed during college times
- Begin a blog
- Get paid to write (yeaahh it happened after I started this blogging website!!)
- Be in love with myself
- Become my own boss
- Read somewhere around 50 novels
- Binge watched many movies and TV series (Ha Ha PS. This is why I sometimes don’t pick calls)
- Made a baby
- Heard my daughter say “Maa” for the first time
- Took around 5-6 road trips with hubs and my daughter in 2017
- Tried yoga, not my cup of tea
- Learned to knit
- Rode a camel
- Rode a horse
- Rode a bull
- Got kissed by an Orangutan
- Bathed in the Narmada
- Ridden a motorbike
- Experienced snowfall
- Seen hail the size of golf balls
- Seen the sun rise over the ocean, Seen the sunset over the ocean
- Watched someone wake up, register my presence and smile a smile full of love
- Be in love
- Experience total heartbreak
- Be a total heartbreaker
- Change someone’s life whom I’ve never met
- Lived away from home for around a decade for studies and work
- Learn everything I want to Know about a subject
- Travel to another country
- Saw a show at the Alcazars in Thailand
- Fed Giraffes
- Eat squid
- Spent some time without any money in Thailand
- Get a professional massage
- Seen Halley’s Comet
- Slept under the stars
- Ride a roller coaster
- Ride a double-decker bus
- Lived months without TV
- Made jewelleries
- Color my hair
- Grow my hair past my belly button
- Go to a concert
- Be able to play an instrument
- Be on city newspaper
- Weigh your ideal weight
- Played handball from school team
And the listings go on and hope to continue to go on as I continue to take more and more control of my life and LIVE as I KNOW I deserve the best damn life I can create.
Now your turn!! Make your own listing of 50 accomplishments (nothing is irrelevant), moreover post it here in the comments so that I would know too.
Rejoice your past and get ready to shake your world when you see just how amazing you already ARE.