20 Most Effective Ways to Overcome Boredom During COVID-19 Lockdown
While the world out there is suffering, the rest of the people are suffering in their own way. While people have less or no food to eat, the other half is craving restaurant food or home deliveries. Some have no roof over their head while others want to go out. I guess we are the privileged ones coz we have a room with a roof, fewer grocery, and food items to eat, water facility especially as summer is here, electricity, etc. However, there will be endless things to bother an individual, especially the privileged one.
I don’t want to burden you again with what all is going out there, the news channels and the virus are doing enough already. But if we are in a fortunate situation, we must help others in every small way possible. The least we can do is not spread fake news or irrelevant information on social media, which some individuals have considered heir birthright to do. Triggering panic and paranoia as the new normal. The first thing you need to do is…
Switch off or Stay Away from News Especially in the Morning!
I have realized that this affects the thought process of the entire day. Many are just counting days for all this to end quickly. But this lockdown is important to combat against Covid-19. And the vaccine against this virus is not coming anytime soon, so staying indoors is our best chance to beat this virus. Because of this many are finding it difficult to stay positive. However, you do not have to put yourself through the negativity and stress if you take care of how you spend the day.
Humans are born to do something or the other. We may feel that all we have to do is relax and do nothing but your body after a few hours would get bored of resting also. Furthermore, even science backs up the fact “An idle mind is a devil’s workshop,” and besides it is good for your mental health to keep yourself busy one way or the other. So, with free time on your hands, it’s not too late for any of you to enhance your skill-set and experiment on new things as well.
Here are a few tips for managing your lockdown days efficiently, particularly if you live alone…
- Read a book, magazine, or blog articles, or simply Kindle your way out of boredom. If you have kids around encourage them to read too.
- Try some new recipes if you have the ingredients, experiment with 3-4 ingredients recipe.
- Catch up with family and friends, daily. Technological advances mean that you don’t have to be in the same room to spend time with your loved ones.
- Dance!! Dance!! Dance!!
- Go through your old photo album/ folder, organize it. If you have kids, they always ask where they were when the picture was taken.
- Play classic games such as ludo, Snake & Ladder, Monopoly or other board games, Uno, Cards, etc.
- Complete the home improvements or decor that you have been putting off for so long.
- Plant seeds, watch them grow. Propagate plants in water or soil, use them as indoor house decor (I have been doing this a lot lately).
- Update your CV, times are changing, it would make you feel like you’re utilizing your time sensibly & investing in your future.
- Invest your time to see the bottom of your laundry basket, finish that you never finished!!
- Learn a new language or improve your current ones.
- DIY, even if you are not good, that will put your brain on work.
- Coloring, drawing, and painting are tried & tested means of entertaining kids amid times of crisis, but you may find that you find it relaxing yourself and enjoy it.
- Watch old movies.
- Write letters, books, short stories, poems, blogs, etc…Start a Blog!!
- Arrange that wardrobe, remove the clothes which you don’t wear and don’t fit you. Organize your cupboards and drawers
- Practice Yoga or else start with Surya Namaskar.
- Tell stories to your kids, maybe funny tales from your past.
- Check on Neighbours or the ones in need.
- Lastly, the favorite of all, watch TV.
Share in the comments section how you are making the most of the time you have in your hand! I would love to know!!
If you liked this post please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, like the post, and share it with your friends and family!!